On Wednesday, 9 December 2020, the CEO of Simera Sense, Mr Johann du Toit, and the Belgium Ambassador to South Africa, HE Mr Didier Vanderhasselt, are holding a joint media event where they will unveil Simera Sense’s plans to expand into Europe.
Simera Sense, situated in Somerset West, South Africa, is a fast-growing technology company manufacturing optical payloads for the international nano-, micro-, and small satellite Earth Observation market. The Flanders Investment and Trade Agency, through the Belgium Embassy, was instrumental in assisting Simera Sense in expanding into Europe.
At the media event, Mr Du Toit and HE Mr Vanderhasselt will not only announce Simera Sense’s expansion plans but will also share information on:
- Simera Sense’s current business activities within Belgium and Europe;
- Simera Sense’s business growth opportunities within the European market;
- The planned short and long term optical payload development activities within Belgium, Europe, and South Africa;
- Why Belgium is a key gateway into Europe for companies developing space-based observation systems, and;
- How this expansion will allow Simera Sense to plough back into the South African local economy.
With the regulations of Covid-19 in mind, a virtual and physical event is planned at the Belgium Embassy in Pretoria.
- Time and Date: 10:00 (SAST) / 9:00 (CET) 9 December 2020
- Address: 625 Leyds St, Muckleneuk, Pretoria, 0002, South Africa
- Light Lunch: 12:00 (SAST) at the Belgium Embassy
- RSVP: By no later than 15:00, 7 December 2020 (reply to this e-mail with your name and affiliation).
- Time and Date: 11:00 (SAST) / 10:00 (CET) 9 December 2020
- Event Link: Microsoft Teams online link
- RSVP: By accepting this invitation
- Mr. Johann Du Toit, CEO Simera Sense
- HE Didier Vanderhasselt, ambassador of Belgium in South Africa
- Mr Luc Fabry, Trade and Investment Commissioner FIT
- Dr Geraldine Reymenants, General Representative Flanders Delegation
- Mr John Verzele, Deputy Head of Invest (FIT) (virtual)
Simera Sense is a business unit within the Simera Group of companies, specifically created to commercialise the optical payload know-how and IP developed within the company over the last ten years. Today, Simera Sense is a leading supplier of optical payloads for smaller Earth Observation satellites. The company’s in-house resources and infrastructure allows them to design, build, verify and calibrate world-class optical payloads.