The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) & DigitalGlobe have teamed up to launch the South Africa Earth Observation Challenge.
SANSA Earth Observation drives and coordinates South Africa’s Earth observation efforts to sustainably benefit all South Africans in an earth-friendly manner. Its objective is to collect, assimilate and disseminate Earth observation data to support South Africa’s policy-making, decision-making, economic growth and sustainable development initiatives.
SANSA and DigitalGlobe believe there is significant scope to increase the use of earth observation applications in both the public and private sphere, within South Africa.
The finals pitch of the competition would be coming up on December 6, 2018 by 10.30am at the Wanderers Club, 21 North Street, Johannesburg.
Winners will receive:
- free access to GBDX Notebooks where you will develop and run their project
- access to business development training and mentorship
- facilitated introductions to key decision makers with potential clients, partners and investors
- potential access to global markets through DigitalGlobe
- Ongoing incubation and acceleration support for space industry entrepreneurs
We are the premier source of space related news in Africa. We provide an amazing journey celebrating the African Space Industry.