The Africa Award for Research Excellence in Space Science is given annually to an early career scientist from the African continent in recognition of “completing significant work that shows the focus and promise of making outstanding contributions to research in space science
Established in 2015 by the generosity of Sunanda Basu, these awards will help to advance AGU’s strategic mission by supporting diversity in the scientific community and acknowledging excellence in research in space, oceans and Earth sciences and providing opportunities for international collaboration and support.
Burkinabe Frederic Ouattara won 2018 AGU Africa Award for Research Excellence in Space Science
- Engraved crystal award
- $1,000 monetary prize
- Three-year membership to the AGU
- Invitation to present a paper at the AGU Fall Meeting in an appropriate session during the award presentation year
- Recognition at the AGU Fall Meeting during the award presentation year
- Two complimentary tickets to the Honors Banquet at the AGU Fall Meeting during the award presentation year
- Award winners will be eligible for travel support and meeting registration through the Lloyd V. Berkner Travel Fellowship Fund to attend the AGU Fall Meeting during the award presentation year.
- Recognition in Eos
For more information and to submit nomination, visit here.
© Space in Africa 2020
All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other forms of electronic retrieval system.
New Report: The 2020 Edition of African Space Industry Annual Report is now available. It presents data and analyses on projects, deals, partnership and investments across the continent. It also provides analyses on the growing demand for space technologies and data on the continent, the business opportunities it offers and the necessary regulatory environment in the various countries.