Kenya government has offered a Ksh 350,000 ($3,500) reward to the down right creative Kenyans in a bid to come up with a new logo for the Kenya Space Agency.
According to a communication by the Ministry of Defence (MoD), the new logo’s composition will capture and symbolize the Agency’s mandate. The Agency whose mandate is to promote, co-ordinate and regulate space related activities in the country has, hence, called for the contribution of creative Kenyan heraldic artists and designers in coming up with a logo.
“The logo design competition is open to all Individuals, firms, companies within Kenya,” a communication by MoD reads.
Requirements for the competition
- The design be submitted in Black and white in six(6) hard copies on A4 size paper
- High resolution color in six (6) hard copies on A4 size paper in printable soft copy in PDF or JPEG in a MS Windows readable CD
- The logo must be clear and distinctly identifiable for effective application on all our agency materials, instruments, website and relevant paraphernalia
- It is not necessary to include the name of the Agency. We desire the composition to be more conceptual rather than literal
- It is recommended, the logo should have the sum total of our core mandates captured in an appropriate motto
- It is essential that the entrants identify and apply possible colors of the agency
- The submitted logo ought to be accompanied with a brief written description of all applied features, connotation and such significant inspiration
- Entrants should provide their full names, postal addresses, physical address, email and daytime telephone numbers
- The agency reserve the exclusive right to modify the winning logo
- The agency reserves the exclusive right to register the winning logo
- Any material, graphics software or other items accompanying the submitted design shall belong to, and remain the property of the agency
- The participants agree to indemnify the agency from the losses and threatened losses arising from, in connection with or based on allegations of any third party claim of infringement or misappropriation of any intellectual property rights
- Our judges decision is final and not open to any correspondence, appeal whatsoever.
Reward for the designer of the logo.
The three shortlisted winners will be announced on two widely circulated national newspapers on 17th February, 2019. the selected winning logo will be awarded in order of merit as follows:
- First position – Ksh 200,000 ($2,000)
- Second position – Ksh 100,000 ($1,000)
- Third position – Ksh 50,000 ($500)
The designs should be delivered in presentable plain sealed envelopes, clearly marked “Kenya Space Agency Logo Design Competition” on or before 31st January, 2019 by 4:00pm to the address below:
The acting Direcotor General
Kenya Sppace AgencyUlinzi House, Lenana ROad,
P.O Box 40668 – 00100, Nairobi
Although Kenya has not been at the forefront of the race to space, it has increasingly shown interest in the recent years towards joining the scientific discovery journey.
On May 11, 2018 the first ever satellite developed by engineers from the University of Nairobi in collaboration with the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (Jaxa) was launched into space from the International Space Station. Although the nanosatellite in the shape of a cube measures 10 by 10 centimetre, the miniaturised satellite is capable of performing commercial missions that previously required larger satellites.
We are the premier source of space related news in Africa. We provide an amazing journey celebrating the African Space Industry.