Nigerian Communications Satellite (NIGCOMSAT) Ltd in compliance with the provision of the public procurement Act 2007 intends to increase its fleet of satellites to address a broad array of the communication needs of the country in the areas of Broadcasting, Broadband and Internet Services by procuring the manufacture and launching of a High-Throughput Satellite (HTS). To this end, interested, experienced and competent satellite manufacturers/contractors/service providers are invited to bid for the following projects:
2.0 SCOPE OF WORK/SERVICE
- Category A
Lot 1: Implementation of the Project for the design, manufacture, launch, in-orbit test and commissioning of High-Throughput Satellite (HTS).
- Category B
Lot 2: Project Management Services for the implementation of a High-Throughput Satellite (HTS) Design, Build and Launch Project.
3.0 CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR (A)
Invitation is extended to competent manufacturers/contractors/Vendors/partners in satellite industry to express interest to be pre-qualified for consideration as an implementer of a project for the procurement of a High-Throughput Satellite (HTS). This EOI is intended to attract interested bidders that can demonstrate requisite technical know-how, skills and experience in the design, manufacturing, launch and operations of High Throughput Satellites, and have the capacity to offer financing options and ability to facilitate the commercial deployment of the satellite applications. Interested and qualified Companies are invited to submit their letter of intent to participate in the pre-qualification exercise.
4.0 CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR (B)
Invitation is extended to competent project management firms to express interest to be pre-qualified for selection as project management consultant for the implementation of a High-Throughput Satellite (HTS) project. This EOI is intended to attract interested bidders that can demonstrate requisite know-how, skills, and experience in managing projects for the implementation of the design, building and launch of High-Throughput Satellite (HTS) projects. Interested and qualified companies are invited to submit their letter of intent to participate in the pre-qualification exercise.
5.0 BASELINE REQUIREMENT FOR (A)
- A practical knowledge, vast experience and heritage in High Throughput Satellite (HTS) design, manufacture, assembly integration and test (AIT), launch, in-orbit management, LEOP procedure supervision, in-orbit test measurement, in-orbit test phase result correlation and endorsement and de-orbit.
- An in-depth knowledge and experience in international satellite frequency coordination with other Administration, conversant with ITU Regulations, Space Treaties, and experienced in the applications and securing of satellite orbital slot.
- Requisite experience in HTS payload design, satellite space segment, satellite ground segment.
- Experience and heritage in design, building and modification of ground-station to monitor multiple satellites.
- Evidence of access to funding for the manufacture and launch of the satellite.
- Proof of executing a HTS design, build and launch for a country or group of countries, including emerging economies or regions in the last 5years.
- Experience in the delivery of satellite-based telecommunications solutions.
- A good knowledge in satellite communications, applications development and deployment particularly in emerging economies.
- Ability to provide long-term support in terms of training, internship and Know How Technology Transfer (KHTT) in pre-launch and post launch activities as it concerns control, operations and management of the satellite as well as Training on End-of-Life Control Strategy.
6.0 BASELINE REQUIREMENT FOR (B)
- Practical knowledge and requisite experience in the provision of project management consultancy services especially for a communication satellite project.
- Experience in providing international consultancy services.
- Undertaken a similar consultancy for a country or group of countries, particularly in Africa or other developing countries or regions would be an added advantage.
- To have handled at least two similar projects for the design, manufacturing and launch of a communication satellite would be an added advantage.
- Experience in satellite procurement, proposal management, and product development management.
- Experience in project time management and sequence activity.
- Experience in project risk management
- Experience in stakeholder management, strategic planning and process improvement.
7.0 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Interested, experienced and competent contractors should submit the following Pre-qualification documents. All bids must be accompanied with the following:
- Evidence of Company Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), including form CAC2 and CAC7 (or CAC 1.1) for local firms. For foreign firms: evidence of being a legal entity registered with appropriate entity in Country of origin.
- Evidence of current Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) for the last three years (2018, 2019 & 2020) valid till December 31st, 2021 or its equivalent for foreign firms.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance valid till December 31st, 2021 for local firms.
- Evidence of Current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) compliance Certificate valid till December 31st, 2021 for local firms.
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 for local firms.
- Evidence of registration on the National Database of contractors, consultants and service providers by submission of Interim Registration Report expiring on December 31st, 2021 or valid Certificate issued by Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) for local firms.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the Nigerian Communications Satellite Limited or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three years, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Evidence of Financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria or overseas; indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company’s profile with the Curriculum vitae of key Staff to be deployed for the project including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications, such as COREN, ISO certification etc.
- Verifiable evidence of ongoing HTS manufacturing with verifiable letter of award/appointment, Valuation Certificates and Completion Certificates in design, Manufacturing and Launching of HTS Satellites in the last Five (5) years.
- Evidence of project management consultancy for a communications satellite (applicable for lot 2 only).
- For joint Ventures/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (Tax Clearance certificate, Pension Compliance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Compliance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner).
- Arrangement of documents should follow the order in the list of tender requirements, appropriately paged and signed. It should have a table of Contents indicating the pages or folios on which these items are to be found.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the company/firm’s letter Head paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Contact Address, Telephone Number (Preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The letterhead paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
8.0 EVALUATION BENCH-MARK
8.1 EVALUATION BENCH-MARK FOR (A)
- Pre-qualification evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
- Heritage of HTS technology and technical capability (30%)
- Time to completion, launch capability and orbital slot availability (20%)
- of previous projects successfully executed (10%)
- Experience of key personnel (25%)
- Financial Capability (15%)
8.2 EVALUATION BENCH-MARK FOR (B)
- Pre-qualification evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
- General experience in project management consultancy (10%)
- Experience in communication satellite project management consultancy (20%)
- Experience in satellite procurement (20%)
- of previous projects successfully managed (10%)
- Experience of key personnel (40%)
Only proposals with a minimum score of 75% shall be pre-qualified, and in the event that only one or no proposal meets the above qualification, the top (3) three proposals may be selected for prequalification.
9.0 SUBMISSION OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS (Category A and B)
Interested firms/companies are to submit two (2) bound of pre-qualification documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope properly addressed as shown below and clearly marked with the name of the project and the Lot number. Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box not later than 11:00am Tuesday 6th April 2021.
NIGERIAN COMMUNICATIONS SATELLITE LIMITED (NIGCOMSAT)
Obasanjo Space Centre,
Umaru Musa Yar’dua Express Way
10.0 OPENING OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS (Category A and B)
The Pre-qualification documents will be opened immediately after the deadlines for submission as follows:
|TIME & DATE OF OPENING|
|PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS||11:00am Tuesday 6th April 2021
at NIGCOMSAT Ltd Auditorium, in the presence of Professional Bodies and CSOs in the areas of Transparency and Anti-Corruption.
11.0 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder.
- Please ensure that you sign Bid Submission Register at the procurement Department, as NIGCOMSAT Ltd, will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
- Late submission will be returned un-opened
- All documents submitted will be subjected to verification from the relevant agencies.
Only shortlisted firms will be contacted at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals.
This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of NIGCOMSAT Limited to enter into any form of contract with any company nor shall it entitle responding bidders to seek any indemnity from NIGCOMSAT Limited by virtue of such bidder having responded to the advertisement.
The Laws of Nigeria including the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria shall be applicable in all legal issues relating hereto.
NIGCOMSAT Limited is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liability in accordance with section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.