The young people selected to take part in the 2020 Emerging Space Leaders Grant Programme will participate in the 71st International Astronautical Congress (IAC) scheduled to take place in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, from 12 – 16 October 2020. The individuals selected will also participate in other activities held during the Congress such as the UN/IAF Workshop, the Space Generation Congress (SGC) or the Cross-Cultural Communications and Presentation Workshop.
Students and Young Professionals between the ages of 21 and 35 on 1 January 2020 with space-related career interests are encouraged to apply to the programme. Up to twenty-five students and young professionals will be selected by the IAF to participate in the 2020 programme.
Who should consider applying?
- Individuals interested in pursuing careers involving the development, application, and use of space systems, space science research, the policy, legal, social and cultural aspects of space activities, international cooperation on space programmes and other similar subjects.
- Persons who – for financial, sponsorship or other reasons -would not otherwise be able to attend an International Astronautical Congress.
- Young people who wish to meet and interact with other colleagues from around the world with similar interests.
- Individuals who hope to utilise the knowledge and experiences they gain during the IAC in their careers and in enhancing space and related activities in their home countries.
Note: Candidates may apply regardless of their home country or current residence. While all applications will be considered, through this programme the IAF seeks to encourage the participation of young people in nations with emerging space capabilities and interests who would otherwise not be able to attend an International Astronautical Congress.
What does the grant include?
- Round trip airfare between the candidate’s residence country and Dubai.
- Support (in kind-services or funding) for local transportation, lodging, and meals during the candidate’s stay in Dubai.
- Assistance with visa arrangements provided by the IAC Local Organizing Committee and the Government of the United Arab Emirates.
- Registration to the 71st International Astronautical Congress as well as the Space Generation Congress or the 2020 UN/IAF Workshop.
- Mentors will provide advice on presentations at the IAC and on activities before and during the IAC to help grant recipients benefit fully from the Congress and related meetings and meet with the grant recipients during the IAC.
Application Deadline:10 February 2020 15:00 Paris Time / UTC + 1:00
For detailed information, application process and requirements please download the 2020 IAF ESL Grant Programme – Handbook
Please contact email@example.com for further information and inquires.