Space in Africa is always on the lookout for unique perspectives, opinions and thought pieces on the African space industry.
Do you have a compelling article to share with our audience of space enthusiasts? Then we would like to hear from you. Please take some time to review the guidelines below.
Before you submit
- Space in Africa publishes stories and research pieces that are relevant to the African space industry, astronomy, and earth observation.
- The author(s) should be knowledgeable and updated in the field of discourse.
- A guest article should be original (not previously published), unique, and offer in-depth knowledge. The information contained in the article should be recent, in the case of news and other timebound articles.
- Press releases and similar announcements from governments and companies are welcome as well. However, they should be identified as such, and please expect that we may use the release as the starting point for an article, rather than only reproduce the release.
- Article length of 750 – 2,000 words is preferred.
- Articles should follow standard English grammar rules. Please avoid excessive use of jargon and buzzwords.
- All articles must be original and respect the intellectual property rights of third parties. The author(s) are expected to reference sources of information contained in the article by hyperlinking to the original source or following standard referencing rules in the case of offline contents. All data, charts, graphics, and other materials contained in a guest article should be lawfully used with proper attribution to third parties, where applicable.
- Space in Africa will accept, reject, or use in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, any guest author material submitted. Your act of submitting an article is deemed to be your consent for any use we make of the submission. In comparison, if you wish to provide information to us as journalists for purposes of background or limited use, let us know if the information is to be “off the record” or “not for attribution.”
- Guest articles cannot be promotional pieces. See our advertising rates for promotional contents.
- A guest article is intended to be objective and informative. It should not be overly critical of brands, institutions or personalities.
Articles in the following categories are allowed:
- Space Science and Engineering
- Space Communications / Navigation Systems
- Space Policy / Law
- NewSpace / Startups
- Business and Market Analysis
- Press Releases
- Earth Observation / Space Applications
- Policy and Security
How to submit
Send all submissions in Word Doc or HTML format to email@example.com (only genuine guest contributions please) with the subject Guest Contributor (important!).
- Attach images separately. Do not insert them in the document.
- Individual image sizes should be no larger than 500KB.
- Include a brief author biography (maximum 200 characters), with not more than one external link, and attach a 100×100 pixels headshot.