Space in Africa is always looking for unique perspectives, opinions and thought pieces on the African space industry. Do you have work to share with our audience of space enthusiasts? Then we would like to hear from you.
Before you submit
- Space in Africa publishes stories and research pieces that are relevant to the African space industry, space business, astronomy, and earth observation.
- A guest article should be new (not previously published), unique, and offer in-depth knowledge. The information contained in the report should be recent, in the case of news and other time-bound articles.
- Your work should be written in such simple terms that a newcomer to space-related works would understand it.
- Press releases and similar announcements from governments and companies are welcome as well. Such Press Releases should be submitted with “Press Release” as the subject of submission. We may use the release as the lede for an article, rather than only publish it as a release.
- The article should not be longer than 2000 words, although our preference is between 750 – 1500 words.
- All articles must be original and respect the intellectual property rights of third parties. The author(s) should reference sources of information contained in the report by hyperlinking to the source or following standard referencing rules in the case of offline contents. All data, charts, graphics, and other materials contained in an article must adhere to lawful usage with proper attribution to third parties, where applicable. Wikipedia is not a valid source.
- Space in Africa will accept, reject, or use in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, any guest author material submitted. Submitting to us will grant us lawful authority to make of the submission in other forms necessary. In comparison, if you wish to provide information to us as journalists for purposes of background or limited use, let us know if the information is to be “off the record” or “not for attribution.”
- Guest articles cannot be promotional pieces. See our advertising rates for promotional contents.
- A guest article is intended to be objective and informative. It should not be overly critical of brands, institutions or personalities.
Articles in the following categories are allowed:
- Space Science and Engineering
- Space Communications / Navigation Systems
- Space Policy / Law
- NewSpace / Startups
- Business and Market Analysis
- Press Releases
- Earth Observation / Space Applications
- Policy and Security
How to submit
Send all submissions in via email in word format or Google Docs (preferably) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Guest Contribution. Add a two-sentence summary of your work as the body of the mail.
- If you have corresponding images, attach them separately. Do not insert them in the document.
- Include a brief bio (maximum 200 characters), with not more than one external link, and attach a 100×100 pixels headshot.