The African Union Commission, with support from the European Commission, has set aside funds for the purchase of Climate and PUMA Stations for the Intra-ACP and Climate Services and Related Applications (ClimSA) programme – Support to the Implementation of the Global Framework for Climate Services (GFCS) in Africa. The AUC has invited sealed bids from eligible bidders for the supply, delivery and installation of climate and PUMA stations and delivery of training in the use, system administration and maintenance of the stations for the Intra-ACP Climate Services and Related Applications (ClimSA) programme.
- This Invitation for Bids is open to all suppliers from eligible source countries except as provided hereinafter.
- Bidders should not be associated or have been associated in the past, directly or indirectly, with a firm or any of its affiliates with which the Purchaser has engaged to provide consulting services for the preparation of the design, specifications, and other documents to be used for the procurement of the goods to be purchased under this Invitation for Bids.
- Bidders must not be under a declaration of suspension for corrupt, fraudulent, collusive,
coercive or obstructive practices as issued by the African Union in accordance with ITB Clause 36.1.
Cost of bidding
The Bidder shall bear all costs associated with the preparation and submission of its bid, and the Purchaser will in no case be responsible or liable for those costs, regardless of the conduct or outcome of the bidding process.
Bidders are required to furnish the following:
- Valid registration documents
- Dealership certificates or Manufacturer’s authorisation form (if not the manufacturer)
- Duly signed bid form in the format attached to the bid document
- Details of after-sales service
- The warranty period for the items
Language of the bid
The bid prepared by the Bidder and all correspondence and documents relating to the bid exchanged by the Bidder and the Purchaser shall be written in the language specified in the Bid Data Sheet. Supporting documents and printed literature furnished by the Bidder may be in another language, provided they are accompanied by an accurate translation of the
relevant passages to the language specified in the Bid Data Sheet, in which case, for purposes of interpretation of the Bid, the translation shall govern
Submission of Bids
Bids should be uploaded on google drive, then send the links and passwords to Te****@af**********.org with cc to Is****@af*********.org on or before May 26, 2023, before 3:00 PM EAT, the deadline for submission of bids. Late bids will not be accepted. Sealed bids will be opened on 26th May 2023 at 3:30 PM EAT via zoom link. The zoom link will be shared (on request) with the bidders or bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
For clarifications, please email Te****@af**********.org, with
Is****@af**********.org in copy. Interested bidders can call (+251) 11 5517700, Ext 4526, 4341.
To view the full bidding information, kindly visit here.
Ayooluwa Adetola is a writer and editor at Space in Africa. She loves to share scientific information using the simplest words possible. When she’s not in front of a screen, she can be found with her nose buried in a book.