Chukwuka Cosmas Ezenma-CBSS research grant for African students in space science and astronomy offers grants in favor of African students and researchers including Nigerians in order to develop capacity in space science and technology, Electronics Engineering, Astronomy and Astrophysics, foster international, cultural, scientific and technological cooperation in Africa. The grant is designed to support bold and visionary African students and researchers who are undertaking a postgraduate program related to space science, technology and astronomy.
All of the awards are aimed at African students with high academic ability (typically with a good first degree at least second-class honors upper division or it’s international equivalent). Please note that applications will only be considered from candidates already holding an offer (either conditional or unconditional) from a University/Research Institution, who are classified as an African student for fee purposes. Preference will be given to female applicants and physically challenged applicants.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
– NOT be more than 32 years of age as at the time of the grant application.
– be a citizen of one of the 54 African countries.
– be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in eligible post-graduate degree in any African public university or research institute.
– be enrolled in Astronomy, astrophysics, electronics engineering or any space science related course as shown above.
Applicants must provide the following documents:
For postgraduate grant:
– evidence of post graduate admission
– reference letter from the head of department or supervisor written on the University letter headed paper detailing applicant’s research topic, CGPA upon admission, duration of program, field of specialization/academic program. These required information must be sent from the referee’s university official/institutional e-mail (public domain emails are not accepted) directly to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
– all applications should be submitted online
For conference and workshop applications:
– applicants must upload evidence of acceptance of research paper for presentation
– reference letter from the applicant’s head of institution written on the institutional letter headed paper and emailed directly to: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org. (public domain emails are not accepted).
All applications must be submitted before the closing date.
The Authority on News, Data and Market Analysis for the African Space Industry.