Space in Africa is the Authority on News, Data and Market Analysis for the African Space Industry. Space in Africa covers the business, technology, discoveries, events and political news about the African space and satellite industry.
Analyst/Senior Analyst Roles
Space in Africa (SiA) is looking to hire analysts to expand the team’s coverage of the African space industry.
In this role, the successful candidates will help drive understanding of key market trends, policies and programs in the African space industry. Analysts at SiA engage with industry leaders, conduct market analysis, write industry reports and news articles. SiA expects analysts to be proactive, detail-oriented and able to work independently in pursuit of a pre-determined team goal.
- Write analytical articles and news stories.
- Interview industry executives and government officials.
- Conduct market research and write industry reports.
- Participate in international and local space industry events and webinars.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with industry leaders, clients and policymakers.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 2-3 years of professional experience in journalism, market research or consulting.
- Expertise in interviewing industry leaders and analysing desk sources such as government budget documents and company reports.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with analysing and representing data on Excel.
- Knowledge of the space industry is an advantage.
To submit an application, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. PS: This position is only opened to African citizens.
Partnership & Business Development Lead
Space in Africa is seeking a proactive and driven Partnership and Business Development Lead. The candidate will be defining go-to-market strategy as well as leading our user and customer engagements from the front. They will be equally comfortable using data analytics to drive decisions, presenting to a conference or reaching out to a cold prospect.
The successful candidate is expected to maintain relationships with Space in Africa partners and customers globally while initiating new relationships and partnerships. This is a top-level position, and the candidate will have a seat at the table in directing the future of the company and the opportunity for a direct, tangible impact.
- Overseeing writing bids, proposals and supporting proposition collateral.
- Testing and maintaining product-market fit in check, suggest product portfolios in line with customer needs and industry trends.
- Conducting researches to fulfil customers’ needs and also to identify new markets and opportunities.
- Developing strategies relating to customer satisfaction and value
- Managing the promotion of the company’s products/services such as generating inbound leads, speaking/ exhibiting at events and conferences, user workshops, and white papers generation.
- Designing sales funnels, best practices and processes to build a scalable sales & marketing system/team and easily capture new opportunities
- Building and maintaining rapport with customers and partners
- Experience in Business Development
- Engaging presence in person, able to make a positive, memorable impression at crowded events.
- Excellent follow-up communications, enabled by process, systems and habit.
- Experience with the space sector and other disruptive industries
- Knowledge of principles of marketing and sales
- Ability to conduct market analysis, segmentation and validation, as well as create necessary financial projections for new markets.
- Can-do attitude with an intense hunger for solving challenges, getting things done to completion and able to organise and prioritise.
- Opportunity for remote work.
- Industry-standard salary.
- We work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.
- You will be making an impact early and regularly contributing to shaping the future of the African space and satellite industry.
- Potential bonus and equity for excellent impact
- Travel and training bursaries, as needed
Space in Africa maintains a physical office in Lagos, Nigeria. The successful candidate may work full time remotely from anywhere in the world.
To submit an application, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the role in the email subject.