The EGNOS in Africa Support Programme II – Support to the Joint Program Office (JPO) (herein after referred to as the Programme) aims, over the time period October 2018 – October 2020, to consolidate the development and the adoption in Africa of satellite navigation and positioning services (GNSS) – satellite-based augmentation services (SBAS) included, in the frame of the Africa-EU Strategic Partnership, in line with the African Space Policy and Strategy, and in support to the Single African Air Transport Market (SAATM) of the African Union, advancing its Agenda 2063.
The Programme expected results include:
- Continuation of the institutionalisation of the JPO and of the development of its capacities and positioning
- Acceleration of the continental planning and development of GNSS services
- Continuation of the development of SBAS regional modules
- Support to the development of key cross-cutting enablers for the adoption and use of GNSS services and for the development of downstream markets
The achievement of the Programme objective, its expected results and the performance of its related activities, is entrusted to a pan-African project team of experts, the Joint Programme Office (JPO), which office is hosted by ASECNA in Dakar, Senegal.
The beneficiaries of the Programme include the African Union Commission and its specialised agencies, including the African Civil Aviation Commission and the African Space Agency, the International Civil Aviation Organisation, the Arab Civil Aviation Commission and the Regional Economic Communities concerned.
The governance of the Programme is provided through a Steering Committee, co-chaired by the African Union Commission and the European Commission, and made up of representatives from the beneficiaries.
More background information on the Programme can be found on: www.egnos-africa.com
The Programme is seeking to recruit an Aviation Expert to complement the JPO team.
Major duties and responsibilities
The incumbent will contribute to the implementation of the Programme to achieve its objective and expected results, by providing specialised expertise in the field of GNSS-based applications for civil aviation.
He/she will act as Aviation Expert within the JPO, under the guidance of its Programme Manager, and will interact with all the other members of the JPO as well as with external organisations concerned with the implementation of the Programme.
The main responsibilities for the position will include:
- Serving as the referent in JPO for the aviation domain
- Contributing to the planning of the JPO activities
- Planning and undertaking the GNSS-based services/applications development and user adoption activities for civil aviation
- Undertaking the technology and sector watch, and scientific research activities, in this domain
- Contributing to the economic assessment and market development, promotion, capacity building, communication and standardisation activities, from the civil aviation perspective
- Liaising with the civil aviation organisations cooperating with the JPO, and with the international working groups concerned
Conditions of employment
The post is to be filled on a fixed-term basis until the 14th October 2020. It can include a probation period.
Remuneration will be defined in accordance with the conditions applicable to the Programme and depending on the experience of the incumbent.
The type of employment contract may differ according to the status and nationality of the incumbent. This can include consultancy services provision contract or secondment from an administration or an organisation.
Process of selection of candidates
A first round of selection of candidates will be compiled, based on assessment of the applications received. The short-listed candidates will be then invited for interviews through web-conference.
A second round of selection will follow, and the final candidates will be invited for interviews in Dakar, Senegal.
For more information and to submit applications, Click Here
The Authority on News, Data and Market Analysis for the African Space Industry.