AfricaGIS is one of the largest Geospatial, Science and Technology conference on the African Continent. The conference is held every two years and is organised by EIS-Africa, a pan African non-profit organisation. The AfricaGIS Conference and Exhibition series have become a flagship Geospatial Information marketplace in Africa. For the past 20 years, the series has contributed immensely to the development of skills and institutional capacity in geoinformation across the continent.
The Conference will explore the role of innovations in geospatial information and its implication in addressing the 17 targets of the Sustainable Development Goals for an inclusive, prosperous and sustainable African continent. AfricaGIS will offer different interactive sessions including plenary sessions featured by valuable keynote presentations, parallel sessions for oral presentations, poster presentations and Exhibitions.
Papers will be approximately 20 minutes on the following sub-themes:
- Smart Spatial Solutions for Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security
- Geo-ICT Technology for Land Administration and Management
- Environment, Climate Change and Natural Resources Management
- Spatial Planning for Smart Cities and Rural Spaces
- Innovative Technologies in Earth Observation and Geoinformation Sciences
- Globally significant applications of geoinformation in private sector development
Submit to: ab*******@af***********.org by 1 May 2019
(no more than 1 page, submissions in English, pdf preferable)
A special issue of a refereed journal will include a selection of the best papers.
The Conference will be held on 18th – 22nd November 2019 at the
Kigali Conference and Exhibition Village, Rwanda.
For further information please visit the Conference website