Africa Geospatial Data & Internet Conference 2019 (AGDIC), the premier business conference for geo-ICT sector in Africa, has announced its first line-up of speakers for the conference which will be held on October 22-24, Accra, Ghana.
The conference will welcome the Honourable Minister of Lands & Natural Resources, of Ghana, Kwaku Asomah-Cheremeh, as her guest of honour, and other luminaries with diverse expertise from across the Geo-ICT and internet domains, public and development sectors from not just Africa but beyond, amongst whom are:
- Prof. Nii Quaynor, Chairman, Ghana Dot Com, Ghana.
- Paul Bartel, Data Scientist / Lead, SERVIR West Africa, Niger.
- Abebe Haile-Gabriel, Regional Representative for Africa, Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations, Ghana.
- Dr. Grace Bediako, Director-General National Development Planning Commission, Ghana.
- Wisdom Donkor, President & CEO, Africa Open Data & Internet Research Foundation, Ghana.
- Marilyn Cade, CEO, mCADE ICT Strategy, USA.
- Andre Laperriere, CEO, GODAN (Global Open Data for Agriculture & Nutrition), United Kingdom.
- Omar Seidu, Head, Demographic Statistics & SDGs Coordinator – Demographic & Social Statistics, Ghana Statistical Service, Ghana.
- Olusegun H. Olugbile, CEO/ Policy Advisor, Digital Innovations | Internet Governance for Development| Cybersecurity, Data Protection & Privacy, Nigeria.
- Pierre Dandjinou, ICANN Vice President Africa, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
- Eric Akumiah, Data Expert, Ghana e-Transform Project, Ministry of Communications, Ghana.
- Jimson Olufuye, CEO, Kontemporary, Nigeria.
- Kenneth Mubea, GIS Technical Manager, Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data, Kenya.
The conference is organised by African Open Data and Internet Research Foundation (AODIRF), in collaboration with National Development Planning Commission Ghana, Ghana Statistical Service, and Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition (GODAN), CTA Netherlands, with SERVIR West Africa as co-organiser.
The conference will bring to the fore the important role of geospatial information in development agendas, including Sustainable Development Goals, African Union Agenda 2063; and key development sectors for Africa including agriculture, environment, land management; mining, oil and gas exploration, urban planning, natural resource management; utilities, energy, food security; transportation, climate change, financial services and so on. With the theme, “Shaping Africa’s Digital Future,” the conference will deliberate on the integration of geospatial technology with industrial trends such as artificial intelligence, big data, IoT and 5G, as an enabler of smart national infrastructure; and demonstrate the impact of technology convergence towards digital economy and society enabling future-readiness.
About African Open Data and Internet Research Foundation
African Open Data and Internet Research Foundation is an African based organisation championing open data policies and Internet capacity building, supporting innovative projects and programs across the continent.
Visit the conference website for details of more speakers.
Wisdom Donkor; email@example.com
The Authority on News, Data and Market Analysis for the African Space Industry.